SOCAN’s Master Climate Protector – Feb 2023
Would you like to learn more about climate change and it implications at the global, national and local level? Southern Oregon Climate Action Now (SOCAN) will offer the next Master Climate Protector (MCP) course beginning February 2023. The course will cover such topics as:
- Current information on climate change trends and projections,
- the role of population growth and energy use,
- the effects on weather patterns on storm frequency and severity,
- the effects on human health, our fragile ecosystem, water resources and agriculture,
- how to share this information with others,
- how you can do more to reduce your “Climate Footprint.”
While the local focus will be information related to Southern Oregon, participants from elsewhere are welcome. Information on climate trends and projections or Oregon Senate Districts can be found here.
You will be encouraged to become even more of a climate advocate via many varied service opportunities. You will have access to a library of references and visual materials.
DATE: Monday nights, starting February 6, 2023
TIME: 6 to 9 PM with group interaction and breaks
LOCATION: RCC/SOU Higher Education Center – 101 S Bartlett St, Medford, OR 97501
COST: The registration fee is $100. Scholarships to help defray registration costs are available. Please complete the Scholarship application linked on the Registration page.
- Option 1: Send a check made out to SOCAN with MCP in the Memo to SOCAN, 7113 Griffin Lane, Jacksonville, OR 97530.
- Option 2: Use SOCAN’s Donor Box account to pay with Credit Card or bank transfer.
Session 1 (Feb 6) – Intro & Basic Science, Info about program
Session 2 (Feb 13) – Climate Communication, Local Projections & Alternative Explanations
NO CLASS on February 20
Session 3 (Feb 27) – Energy and Construction
Session 4 (March 6) – Transportation
Session 5 (March 13) – Weather & Water
Session 6 (March 20) – Terrestrial (Land Based) Natural Systems
Session 7 (March 27) – Agriculture
Session 8 (April 3) – Human Responses (Consumption, Health, & Psychological)
Session 9 (April 10) – Individual & Collective Actions
Session 10 (April 17) – Wrap-up
More information: email@example.com