SOCAN’s Master Climate Protector – Feb 2020
Would you like to learn more about climate change and it implications at the global, national and local level? Southern Oregon Climate Action Now (SOCAN) will offer the next Master Climate Protector (MCP) course beginning February 10, 2020. The course will cover such topics as:
- Current information on climate change facts and trends,
- the role of population growth and energy use,
- the effects on weather patterns on storm frequency and severity,
- the effects on human health, our fragile ecosystem, water resources and agriculture,
- how to share this information with others,
- how you can do more to reduce your “Climate Footprint.”
You will be encouraged to become even more of a climate advocate via many varied service opportunities. You will have access to a library of references and visual materials.
DATE: Monday, February 10, 2020 is the first session. The sessions continue for 10 weeks on Mondays. The last session is April 13, 2020.
TIME: 6 to 9 PM with a snack in the middle.
LOCATION: Room 118, Higher Education Center, 101 South Bartlett, Medford, OR 97501
COST: The registration fee is $100 that covers the venue, refreshments, course and reference materials. Scholarships to help defray registration costs are available. Please complete the Scholarship application linked on the Registration page.
- Option 1: Send a check made out to SOCAN with MCP in the Memo to SOCAN, 7113 Griffin Lane, Jacksonville, OR 97530.
- Option 2: Use SOCAN’s Donor Box account to pay with Credit Card or bank transfer. [Note: this is also our donation form so please check the “Write us a comment” box and indicate that it is a payment for MCP registration.]
Feb 10: Session 1 – Intro & Basic Science, Info about program
Feb 17: Session 2 – Alternative Explanations
Feb 24: Session 3 – Energy and Construction
March 2: Session 4 – Transportation
March 9: Session 5 – Weather & Water
March 16: Session 6 – Terrestrial (Land Based) Natural Systems
March 23: Session 7 – Agriculture
March 30: Session 8 – Human Responses (Consumption, Health, & Psychological)
April 6: Session 9 – Individual & Collective Actions
April 13: Session 10 – Wrap-up
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org